when they are guests in a seven-star hotel or a hostel in seven dollars there are certain things that travelers should consider staying in accommodation. Here are our top 5 tips to stay safe in a hotel environment.
1. room to improve: If you have the option of reserving a room or choose where in a hotel to stay think about some things.
- which floors like – the consensus is between the 2nd and 6th floor. Of this way people easily not can access to your site windows but the fire can reach with its stairs.
- them risks of the area-is your stay in an environment hostile? If there is a risk of IED, car bombs or suicide thinking on getting a room at the back of the hotel or the opposite where can drive cars up to the entrance. Perhaps away from the general lobby area.
If you are not happy with the location of your room, ask a different one.
2. first fire :
this is a saying we use to remind travelers that as soon as you arrive at your hotel spend a few minutes to ask, what if there was a fire or other emergency?
as soon as you enter your room, place the bags on the bed and leave the room. Look for their fire more close output and more fire extinguisher close, photography coming to these in the dark and count steps or number of doors between your room and these points. You may have to find them in the dark or when there are blinding smoke you. Don’t stop there, check fire and ensure output is indeed a viable option. Then when you’re happy return to your room.
3. fire in second place:
had a tragic history of a dying of the family of a small fire inside his home. They slept with the doors open and all toxic smoke traveled freely across each room killing the occupants while they slept. When firefighters arrived only live pet dog was found as he was locked in a small room. The door had protected the dog of fire and smoke. This history reinforces the fact that a room can protect the inhabitants of smoke and heat from a considerable amount of time if done properly.
fire in second place is a saying that we teach our students. Once you have identified the fire exits and he returned to his room, ask yourself again, what if there was a fire? If there is no escaping from the outputs of this room will be its citadel, its safe room.
- Watch window opens, what floor are from? Can you jump? If no opens to give you fresh air.
- how to open and unlock the door. Is there a key? If always leave it in the same place.
- there is a bath – in case of emergency can fill with water and use it for flood gate and walls.
- if there is a fire and can not escape then wet towels and block the holes around the door.
if traveling less developed countries or regions consider take portable fire alarms and carbon monoxide. Both are small, cheap and easy to use and well it is worth the small amount of space occupied.
4. double door
the door of the hotel room is the best barrier to external risk. When inside your room, make sure you always use all the locks. Do not open the door unless you are 100% sure that is opening up for. If there is a peephole, use it.
there are some great items on the market that can provide a second layer of door security think taking these, since they are small and cheap.
- ratchet lock door
out of the room, use the scope, make sure that there is no outside. When come back to the room to not assume that it is safe. The majority of hotel room locks can be defeated easily, many people have access to the keys, and would be a mistake to assume that nobody could have on. Be careful, you have a quick look and then relax once you have checked and the door is locked behind you.
the Chief of the Hamas assassinated by Mossad in a hotel room of Dubai Al – Mabhouh made the mistake of assuming his hotel room was safe. Mossad uses either a very simple and easily attainable machine to decipher the proven technique of chain and cable that can open many doors that have the slightest of gaps between the door and the floor or the electronic smartdoor.
it is not only the intelligence services who know these tricks, many criminals and attackers have the means and the motivation to go to these lengths.
5. complacency is a dirty word :
- If you listening an alarm, do not ignore it. React quickly and use the default output. Not to say panic and exhausted in his underwear screaming, but just make sure that you react. Dress up, get your shoes in, stay calm, be prepared to leave the hotel and take your room key, if there is a fire and there is no escape you will need to return to your room, close the door behind you. Try and avoid the use of hotels muster point or place of emergency meeting. Sometimes hostile, you will use an alarm to bring together people in a place before attacking or performing a secondary attack.
- If you wake up in the middle of the night for no reason, check that there is NO reason, take a few seconds to hear, see and feel something is wrong. If anything, go back to sleep…
- If you see smoke or fire in a hotel assumes someone has reported. Start an alarm of fire or call the hotel. Especially when you’re in your room call to emergency services, do not assume that the hotel will call them. Hotels are willing to call emergency services until they have extracted from the incident themselves by fear to create a false alarm. This can cause a significant delay. There have been many horror stories of deaths and injuries caused by these delays. Take control of the situation yourself.
- do not assume that because you’re in a hotel it is safe. If you’re in an elevator and someone comes in that is not sure to wait he or she push a floor before doing so. Make sure that no one is following to your room.
more importantly, as with all of our advice, develop irrational fear, do not think that everyone is to get you. Instead only his conscience, listens to your sixth sense and take the time to prepare for certain scenarios. Time planning and preparation never loses, also can mean the difference between life and death.