Pokemon go has exploded to become a certified cultural phenomenon. Each entrepreneur, entrepreneur and designer of video games is to see Pokemon go with a mixture of excitement and envy. Entrepreneurs and smart entrepreneurs understand that although it appears to be a simple combination of graphics and gameplay, the underlying design is fairly complex and well thought out. There is nothing trivial or silly about it. It is the most successful launch of application never seen. The more savvy entrepreneurs and businessmen have quickly understood there are ways to make money from this mania, even if you’re not John Hanke (CEO of Niantic and creator of Pokémon Go) or Nintendo.
first the basics:
* Pokemon go tracks of location of the player, forcing people to download from your bed, leave home and travel to specific places called Pokestops and gyms. Well, Pokemon players (called trainers) are real consumers and the Pokestops and gyms are real world destinations.
* demographic studies show that most Pokemon coaches/players are 18-35 and cross all ethnic boundaries. Although there are a significant number of children (and the mothers who may be customers), it means that most of their coach, the local actors have disposable income.
* a Pokemon gym is a real world where coaches/players must physically travel in order to battle Pokemon. If your store is near a Pokémon gym, coaches/players be coming to your butt. If you have one near you, you probably already know it.
* to Pokestop is a place where the coaches / players can get free in the game tools that are used in the game. Once again, if you have one near you, you probably already know it. A Pokestop also may be a lure Pokemon that attract the Pokemon creatures, which in turn attracts more coaches/players, also known as potential customers. Retailers, restaurants, bars and coffee shops have all taken near Pokestops. See examples #14 and #18 below.
* players of the trainer/hunting and capture Pokémon different rarity and value. The Pokemon have names and unique identities. It opens up possibilities for small business owners as the bar offering specific rewards. See example #17 below.
* once a player/coach reaches level 5, must choose the loyalty to one of three factions, Mystic team, blue color; Team instinct, yellow; or value of the equipment, red. As an entrepreneur, your potential customer has thus aligned themselves with a color and a team. This means that your yellow merchandise suddenly has a greater appeal members of instinct for equipment, your items for value team red and so on.
* Pokemon is a battery hog. Coaches/players are constantly draining their phones. This is a problem for them and an opportunity for you.
* there are hashtags from Twitter and Facebook groups for fans of Pokemon. This means that there are affordable ways to get your message directly to local specific coaches/players.
* Finally, go Pokemon has been having problems with their servers. Many people want to play, and Pokemon servers have crashed that it has led to frustration and thousands of internet memes. As the game itself, frustration may be the origin of the ideas of making money. See the example for #45 down shirt.
so with that out of the way, here are some ways that people and companies are making money from the mania of Pokemon. Look at this list. With imagination, there are opportunities for you.
1. the first and most obvious way to make money in this hobby is to invest in Nintendo. The smartest investors put their money in before the big hit, but nothing feeds success as success. So who knows what will come next.
2. If you are owner of a restaurant, a Pub, café, shop, shop ice cream, etc., and is close to a Pokestop, put a decoy in the Pokestop and post a sign inviting customers to sit and play. If you don’t know how to place a decoy, exit, find someone looking carefully at your phone and ask them.
3. do you have a restaurant, café, shop, ice cream near a Pokestop, BUT NOT CLOSE ENOUGH shop? The station of a server in the Pokestop with food samples and discount coupons.
4. you have a restaurant Pub Cafeteria, shop, ice cream near a Pokestop, but not the close enough, and it’s the lure of Pokestop free? Place the bait in Pokestop. Set up a small sign saying that it has become the decoy (create awareness and gratitude for your store and increase the “cool” factor) and lure placed at the top of every hour. Invite the players to take a cup of coffee while you wait. Great way to show your support and build loyalty. This worked wonderfully in a tavern in Fairbanks Alaska. They do have Pokemon there also.
5. But what happens if you have a restaurant Pub Cafeteria, shop, ice cream near a Pokestop, but not the close enough and OTHER SHOPS are putting lure? Put a sign in the Pokestop inviting customers to your store and offer a free phone, charging station. Pokemon go players are surprised at how fast it drains the battery of your phone and will come to you. Make sure some fast charging of the Galaxy 6 and 7 stations.
6. you don’t need a restaurant. If you have a store near a Pokestop, you can take advantage as well. Coaches/players do more than coffee drink. They buy things too. You can place a lure in the Pokestop and then put up a sign inviting new customers to shop.
7. caps are already appearing around Portland, Oregon and elsewhere. Sponsor one if you are a bar or pub.
8. Yelp is already making money from the Pokemon craze. You have installed a filter so that players know that stores are close of Pokestops. Don’t have one near you? Niantic is a form of support on their website that you can use to apply for a Pokestop or a gym.
9. are you an expert player? At least know how to set up a decoy? Many shop owners know nothing about Pokémon Go and may be technophobic. We offer set for them and control during business hours. I’ve heard pricing ranges from $50 / day to $300 per day in fees.
10. You can do the same for those who are not near you if using a telephone roots and a spoofer GPS. Personally I do NOT share this idea. There is a risk of being banned, but is now online information on how do it so I would be remiss if I do not list it here.
11. Pokestops include some apartment complexes. Is it an apartment complex rental agent? Be sure to place a decoy in his Pokestop.
12. Are you an artist? Offer to paint window art with Pokemon in shops and restaurants near Pokestops.
13. El Cid in Silver Lake California, have a Pokemon gym and a day of week Pokemon happy hour. Why not you?
14. Home Italian restaurant in Long Island City, New York, increased 75% during a recent weekend sales by investing US $10 in lures in a Pokestop in his restaurant.
15. The Centre and rocket in Huntsville Alabama offers discounts for groups different Pokemon players showing the application of purchasing tickets. They announce 22 points, including three gymnasiums and suggest that visitors walk and appreciate all the Museum has to offer while they are hunting Pokemon.
16. A pizzeria offers discounts and free slices based on the player’s level. They quickly learned that the gifts were not a good idea.
17. Paint and pixels in Huntsville Alabama has offered rewards for specific Pokemon captured by.
18. Tavern of AFK in Everett Washington, a must-see for any serious gamer or geek pub, is the site of a Pokémon gym. They offer a discount if you are the leader of the gym. They warn against false claims by boasting that 98% of his personal waiting games. Hmmm, what about the 2%
19. You can do same discounting as AFK tavern although there is no gym on your website. Simply choose a gym nearby and post a sign in the gym of advertising your discount.
20. It may be obvious, but if you have a food truck, parked in a Pokestop and a lure.
21. If you have a portable cart’s Barista, do the same.
22. Are you teaching your children about the creation of a post of lemonade? Help them set in a Pokestop with a decoy.
23. Take advantage of the biggest complaint players about the game and a moving charge near a Pokestop station. Best buy and others sell extra long cables chagrining can set an end to the cigarette lighter and the other can reach the window. Charge in 15 minute increments.
24. Eggs that hatch. For the player of the hatch should walk two, five or ten kilometers depending on the type of egg. If you are normally moving much for work or pleasure, can offer carry and care for a person’s egg. How? First there has to be security and trust between hatching and player since you will need to sign in to your account, but if you can pass, simply log in to your phone and start to move.
25. Runners, you can do the same. The golfers also.
26. He mounted his bike to work or for fun? This is a great opportunity for you also.
27. Hey messengers bike, do this to earn extra money. Staying under 10 mph or his movement does not count.
28. Skaters, why not place your Craigslist add right now. You might be eggs hatching by tonight.
29. Pokemon are distributed around the world in part by the location and the environment. Water type Pokemon are often located near water. In addition, other types of Pokemon found in other environments. Offer a service of type of Uber stroller less players to other areas of the city. Course rate appears to be around $20 / hr per person.
30. San Francisco trip is that they proclaim its exclusive areas of Pokémon with detailed instructions for Pokemon in parks and famous places.
31. Already le Tour in your city? You can add Pokemon Tours as a specialty.
32. Do you know the best places for Pokémon that others are not aware of? As fishing guides that bring tourists to the best places for Tarpon, can be a guide to Pokemon and bring people to secret Pokestops with rare Pokemon.
33. Start a bus part of Pokemon. It could be wild!
34. Be a Hunter remote Pokemon. A person of Kansas may want to see if San Diego has Pokemon rarely seen in the Midwest. Coach/players on Reddit already are lamenting the difference in Pokemon spawning habits between New York and Chicago. Similar to the eggs of the infirmary, a safe exchange of information is required, but it is not rocket science. Keep in mind, this is not addressed specifically in the terms of the agreement, but if it is a violation, he can be banned.
35. Objective is the sale of t-shirts in Pokemon. They have the license and products. Now Pokemon back in fashion.
36. Kohl is selling backpacks of Pokemon.
37. Hot topic, the bastion of pop culture merchandise, is selling t-shirts, socks, underwear, earrings and many other items.
38. Fathead.com is selling Pokemon wall decals.
39. Party City is the sale of Pokemon pinatas. A lot of Pokemon there will be parties this summer.
40. According to Gizmodo, McDonald’s has an agreement that will establish each McDonalds as a Pokestop or a Pokemon gym. Supposedly the society will soon debut in Japan. It makes sense since most McDonald McDonald has a history of making deals together and Nintendo and Wi-Fi.
41. Other sponsorships McDonald as a proof of concept, may be on the way.
42. Sponsored by specialities as rare Pokémon also wait.
43. Are you older than 30? Were you a fan of Pikachu when you were a child? Sell your old Pokemon childhood things on eBay to a new younger audience. Open games and special editions seem to bring the best prices.
44. If you’re artistic, you can design and sell t-shirts in red, yellow and blue for equipment of value, the mystic and the instinct. We design and then use a print on demand such as Café press service for production and realization.
45. Or, taking advantage of the problems of server and design t-shirts with slogans such as “I’m here just because Pokemon server is down.”
46. If you’re a bit naughty, you can take your t shirt design a step beyond with slogans such as “Stop playing with your balls!” and “I wish that my husband fell as often as the Pokemon servers”.
47. Alibaba.com has dozens of manufacturers of backpack with small MOQ (minimum order quantity) that can be used to create team value, instinct or mystical backpacks.
48. Alibaba.com has manufacturers of bottled water at very low prices and is available in yellow, red and blue. Sense of the opportunity?
49. Alibaba.com also has manufacturers of figurines. You can configure an Amazon store and be a Pokemon specialty store.
50. Many coaches/players spend more time in the Sun that they realize. Alibaba.com has manufacturers of sunscreens article cheap promotional price available in red, yellow and blue. Sell them or give them with the name of the store upon them.
51. Are you a bakery or cake decorator? Bake and sell Pokemon cakes theme. Or bake and sell pops cake decorated as ball Pokemon.
52. Can sew? Make team value, instinct of team or team mystical scarves for dogs.
53. Can you make point? Make hats of Pokemon.
54. Is can make bombs of bath home? Pumps of bath of Pokemon would be a success. Sell on line.
55. You are a player intermediate of Pokemon? Write to an guide practice for beginners. Publish on line and sell ads for display.
56. You are an expert in Pokemon? Write to an guide of strategy for players experienced. Publish on line and sell ads for display.
57. Is it ethically gray? Write a guide of deception. Publish online and sell display ads.
58. Are you good at sewing? Create Pokemon cosplay costumes.
59. Do you have a hair salon or salon? They offer haircuts style Pokemon.
60. As you are already walking to go Pokemon, talk to neighbors, and offer to be a dog Walker.
61. And since you are already walking, and you love dogs, charity applications such as Wooftrax.com. Money is donated to shelters of animals for every mile you walk and already walking to catch Pokémon and hatching of eggs.
62. Another way to take advantage of walking is to register at Wegolook.com. This is a service where you visually “see” things in the name of the remote buyers. Check out.
63. Do you like the ice cream truck as a child? Become a mobile Pokemon merchandise retail and wholesale at Pokestops. Bring your car, a screen and lures. You can even play music. Please tell me that knows that song of Pikachu. Make a schedule and following his schedule ahead of time at each of the stops. Having a friend lure 15 minutes before arriving, then show up to 15 minutes to sell. Adequate time and can easily make 20 for one day.
64. Alibaba.com has many manufacturers with small MOQ (minimum order quantity) ball cap that can be used to create value, instinct, or Mystic team caps.
65. Sales of stuffed animals of Pokemon (alibaba.com) of your mobile store.
66. Sale of banks of the theme of mobile power equipment (alibaba.com) Pokemon of your mobile store. Make happy clients for the load.
67. Do you retail too far from a stop? Set up a tent pop up.
68. Create Pokemon theme birthday parties for children. Be the one-stop shop for moms. Supply everything from paper plates and cake decorations and party gifts. All with a Pokemon theme go. MOM only hires him, and you do the rest.
69. If you are good at programming, pulling data and API, you can put a site that shows local Pokemon server status reports and weather for people considering venturing out in Pokemon game. Monetize with ads display.
70. Some people are selling their accounts, already leveled up. eBay and Craigslist has ads, with accounts not affiliated with most equipment. This may violate terms of agreement however, so alert, can be banned.
71. Be Pikachu in events. You can buy a suit of Pikachu mascot for as little as $50.
72. Is a personal trainer in the open air? Add Pokemon go to your on-the-go workouts. Pokémon Go has demonstrated the success of “gamification” of exercise and fitness.
73. Is it an inner personal trainer? Incorporate the egg Pokémon go plotting in indoor training.
74. Be a 1:1 teacher for new users. Advertise on Craigslist.
75. Do you practice sports medicine? There will be many people who have never gotten your sofa before walking. Announce the first Pokémon players.
76. Is a chiropractor? The same goes for you. New customers are there ready to limp on. Pokemon players are very embedded in social networks.
77. Are you a physical therapist? Add Pokemon to go in your rehabilitation routines. The med hospitalICO Swedish of Seattle has built-in Pokemon Go in work of rehabilitation for some children victims of burns and are delighted with the response. C.S. Mott Children of Michigan Hospital used Pokemon go to encourage children to move and bend during physical therapy.
78. Do foot massage? Established in Pokestops. You will be sent to many tired sky hunters Pokemon.
79. Design and sale of stickers and adhesives from window for equipment value, the mystic and the instinct.
80. Make and sell currency team Pokemon so that members of the team can be found in gyms and Pokestops. Trainer Pokemon/players are making new friends, and be on the same team is a great icebreaker. Help them identify each other with a logo of equipment that can be used.
81. BONUS. Love is in the air, and Pikachu is playing Cupid. For a small fee, POKEDATES will set you on dates with other coaches/players.
now that you have all these ideas, look for groups of Pokemon. Portland is hosting family meeting in a park of the city with thousands of people which indicates that are interested in go. This is a bonanza for any sale of goods. They come with a mobile charging station. Tweet about it, their Pokémon Facebook message local groups. Use social media. Buy advertising on Facebook and use Pokemon as one of your keywords. The phenomenon is real.
Note: Pokemon, Pokémon Go, Pokestops, Nintendo, Niantic, Pikachu and all images and related characters are trademarks and protected property of the original owners. All images and references used in this article is only for editorial purposes and they are intended to understand the permit or authorization to use.